Blocked drains are common problems in every household. No matter how carefully you use your bathroom and sink area, after a certain time, the drainage system can become blocked and this can cause huge problems for your everyday household activity.
Whether hair and soap scum block the shower drain, food is trapped in the sink, or tissue clogs the toilet; whatever the reason is, you must clear the blocked drain. Otherwise, it may result in a plumbing disaster.
Tools Used By Plumbers To Unblock Drains.
Plungers are the most common tool to clear drains. They are not only used by plumbers but also used householders. Plungers are referred to as plumbing tools that are a type of first-aid solution. These tools help to loosen the obstructions, but keep in mind that they don’t unblock drains too much and so you need the other tools also.
Manual Drain Snake:
Many plumbers use the manual drain snake to unblock drains. It is considered a small auger that rotates as it is pushed within a drainage pipe.
- Manual drain snakes are considered to be the rudimentary tools used by drainage plumbers to unblock drains.
- It does not require huge preparation, as it can be implemented easily and quickly.
- The hook is at the tip that is shaped like a corkscrew. It is fed up into clogged drains. The corkscrew-shaped tip rotates the handle of the auger drum.
- It permits the manual drain snake to pull out any dirt or debris accumulated in the pipeline. Manual drain snakes are used to remove the common material from drainpipes, such as hair, small solid food, grease or oil, dirt, and soap scum.
Motorized Drain Snake:
Motorized drain snakes operate on the same principle on which manual drain snakes operate.
- Motorized drain snakes offer more power and better reach in depth. In this way, the motorized tools are brought in when the manual counterpart is unable to do the job.
- With 150 feet’ reach, motorized drain snakes easily make their way into pipes and drill into clogs.
- In the drain unblocking process, the drainage plumbers only need to activate the motor and guide the snake during the process.
- With the help of a motorized drain snake, the plumbers recover the tougher debris, including the cement, small plastic, joint, and grout components that made their way into the drainages past the filter that blocks the drain entrance.
Drain And Sewer Line Cameras:
Sewer and drain line cameras are high-definition cameras that are found in place in plumbing. These tools help plumbers detect the cause of clogs in drains.
- Expert professionals unblock drains after detecting the problem in the depth of the pipeline with these camera tools. They take a look at the interior of the drain pipe structure, determine what is blocking the pipe, and find what drains are blocked.
- This information has been a game changer in the plumbing industry.
- Many professionals use drain and sewer line cameras to unblock drains without causing damage to the property.
- The best thing is that these camera tools improve the approach of a plumber to treat the clog and make the work simpler and easier.
Hydro Jetting Machine:
With the clog identified and detected using both manual and motorized drains, drain snakes are ruled out, and the plumber’s role comes in.
- Hydro-jetting machines are considered the big guns in the industry and help to flush out all the clogs.
- This tool can put out pressure to reach 35000 pounds.
- Hydro-jetting machines allow plumbers to clear all dirt, grease, oil, soap, mineral deposits, etc.
- The highly heated and pressurized streams of water melt and blow any type of blockage. In this way, it will help to restore the water flow in drainage systems.
- This machine removes the obstruction completely from the pipeline which can help you to unblock drains and make them fully functional.
How To Avoid Blocked Drains?
Blocked drains are a very common issue and it is also common to find stuck food particles or other things in the drainage line. The only way you can reduce the chance of blockage is by keeping those particles away from the pipelines. Here is the complete list of common blockage-forming materials and substances that you should keep away from drains
- Solid food
- Grease and oil
- Paper products
- Grout, cement, and joint compounds
- Soap scum
The process of unblocking drains by using the above tools will increase the functionality of the drainage system. If you are facing drainage problems, and want to get rid of their problems, then call professional plumbers who are well trained and have the experience to use these tools and get better results in the form of clear drains.
Written by Nivi Watson